Learn the fundamentals for pricing journeys, how to interpret constructed fares, and how to decode electronic ticket data so you can provide your customers with the best service possible.
With the abundance and complexity of today’s fare options, your clients expect you to provide a service that is accurate, faster and more affordable than the competition. This course teaches the language of fare construction and fare rules so you can provide your customers with the best advice and the lowest fare for their air itinerary and needs. You will develop new skills through practical exercises and with the support of reference materials to become the travel professional your customers trust.
This classroom course provides 1 week/month of instruction delivered by an IATA Certified Professionals in Pakistan.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the parts of a journey
- Match cities and countries with IATA Traffic Conference areas and sub-areas
- Identify the global indicator for the routing flown
- Quote specified routing fares and select the best fares
- Convert and round currencies
- Price one way, round, and circle trips using normal fares
- Interpret electronic ticket (e-ticket) data elements
- Collect applicable taxes, fees, and charges
- Calculate child and infant fares
- IATA geography - Traffic conference areas, Sub-areas
- Fare construction formula - Mileage system, IATA fare formula
- Fare types - Normal unrestricted and restricted fares, Special fares overview
- Journey pricing - One ways, Round and circle trips