CPC certification is the gold standard for medical coding for physician and non-physician practitioner services. Become a certified medical coder by sitting for the CPC exam and earning your Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) credential, the most recognized medical coding certification in the healthcare industry.
Prepare yourself to meet the industry demand. Gaining your CPC certification is the first step to a successful career in the business side of healthcare.
- Over 190,000 certified professionals help maintain compliance and profitability within medical practices through accurate medical coding and documentation.
- Jobs for certified medical coders will increase 22 percent through the year 2022, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The average annual salary for a CPC, in 2018 was $54,401. Keep in mind that a CPC’s salary varies based on location, years of experience, how many credentials held, the employer, and other factors.
- CPC certification represents excellence in medical coding. Potential employers recognized that the CPC credential equates with proven mastery of all code sets (CPT®, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS Level II), evaluation and management (E/M) principles, surgical coding, and adherence to documentation and coding guidelines.
- Success in passing: Students who complete this course are twice as likely to pass the CPC exam!
- Self-paced course convenient for work schedules: flexibility to complete coursework at home on your own schedule.
- Expert CPC certified coaches available to answer questions.
- Low cost compared to other training programs.
- Hands on practice coding real world, redacted medical records using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code sets.