Detecting new growth opportunities as they emerge is the key to securing a competitive edge in fast-expanding markets. But how do you forecast where the next wave of growth will occur? Most marketing analysts rely on traditional macroeconomic data like population trends, urbanization ratios, and purchasing power. While this may be effective in slow-moving markets, new business opportunities are often localized and thus overlooked in competitive economies.
This program—integrating aspects of strategy, entrepreneurship, management, marketing, and technology—goes beyond benchmarking and performance reports to look at what spurs growth across a variety of industries, and how to spot it at the grassroots level. You will engage in simulations, detection exercises, and group work to explore the economic, social, and political megatrends that are reshaping industries and markets—and you’ll acquire the frameworks to identify and capture emerging opportunities.
- Enhancing your business acumen, strategic thinking, and decision-making skills by applying an entrepreneurial lens
- Examining hybrid business models and the concept of “collaborative innovation”
- Exploring political, social, and economic data sources to detect opportunities in new markets or industries
- Understanding competition on a global scale, by applying and identifying blue ocean, red ocean, and nonmarket strategies
- Applying a “bottom-up” as well as a “top-down” approach
- Determining risk in a nonfinancial manner
- Identifying, testing, prototyping, and designing responses to growth