Conflict resolution can be a long, hard, and painful process. To succeed, managers must learn to manage a productive space where employees feel comfortable about bringing underlying disputes out into the open. Understanding the roots of conflict—and how to approach and deal with it—is essential. Designed to benefit both the organization and the individual, this highly dynamic, two-day program empowers you to break through conflict barriers, facilitate win-win solutions, and build the capacity to train employees to manage conflict.
- Roots and consequences of common workplace disputes
- Effective mediation tactics to approach conflict
- Strategies for managing an “ideas space” and speaking for those who are not represented in a conversation
- Active listening skills to defuse emotions and inflammatory language
- Communication tactics, such as interrupting with sensitivity and authority, and addressing gender factors in the workplace
- Hard decisions, including understanding when to walk away from a conflict